Sunday, September 11, 2011

Menu Monday

Yeah -- I blew off the dust on my MAC and decided to get back at it.  We'll start off with Menu Monday....

Monday:
Beef Tips in crock pot

Beef tips
1 pack of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup of milk

Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8hrs.  Can serve over rice or egg noodles (I prefer egg noodles)

Tuesday:
Polynesian Chicken

1 lb of chicken breast
Cream of Mushroom soup
1 block of cream cheese (added about 30 min before ready to serve)

Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8 hrs.  Best served over rice, topped with sour cream and crushed pineapple.  Trust me -- it's GOOD!

Wednesday:
Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin

1 can chicken broth
1 jar apricot preserves
1 lg chopped onion
2 tblsp dijon mustard
4 lb boneless pork loin roast

Mix broth, preserves, onion and mustard in a slow cooker.  Add pork and turn to coat.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hrs.  I will serve with mashed potatoes and peas.

Thursday:

PIZZA (Cheer night!!)

Friday:

Crock Pot Pork BBQ

I am cooking a recipe from one of my IRL besties, GRITS.  I can't WAIT to try this .... and I am purposely am making this on the Friday to have left overs for the weekend! 

Yes, I am using my crock pot 4 out of 5 days!  Whatever works!!  I work 8hrs a day and have a 45 min commute to/from work ... if I don't use my crock pot, we'd eat at 9:00!! 

Hope y'all can use any of these recipes!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I'm rubbing my eyes....I'm scratching me head....Is this really a post from my BF Natalie?

Sheri @ www.careergirlinterrupted.com said...

hey you! How's life?

memphis belle said...

I make bbq in my crock pot too! It's so good. I've tried several recipes and the best one uses an ingredient called "liquid smoke." It gives the bbq the flavor of being smoked outside all day. It's so good but a little bit goes a loooonnnnng way!