Sunday, February 17, 2008

The first time I've ever been speechless .....


Trisha Yearwood pointing out Nemo and Dorie for Kennedy .. this is when I was trying to figure out what in the WORLD I was going to say, ask, etc ...


me, Kennedy and Garth Brook's wife .... JUST KIDDING ... Trisha Yearwood





Chad and Trisha



We saw this on the way home ... U + GOD = :)




We went to Sea World on Saturday so Chad could broadcast for the radio station. Every February, they do a Bud & BBQ and get all these entertainers out so you can, well, drink Bud & eat BBQ and listen to country singers. I was miserable because I was pushing around a 3 yr old in a 'too - small' stroller that wanted to know when it was HIS turn to jump in the water, who wanted to go every direction we WEREN'T going and who just was irritable from the get-go. Kennedy was pretty much a breeze -- just along for the ride. Chad was able to work it out so we could meet Trisha Yearwood ~ she was SO nice and much prettier in person. Chad had to go back to the broadcast table and left me and Kennedy to wait until it opened up. Of course, not 5 minutes after he leaves is when they decide to let us in. I was the FIRST one in ... she was just standing there and smiling and said "HEY THERE!! WELCOME!! How are you?" ... I think for the first time in my life I may have been a teeny bit starstruck. I said "Hi --- I'm Natalie Brock, I'm Chad Brock's wife" and for those of you that know me well, know I can NOT STAND to be called Chad Brock's wife . She said that she adored Chad and hoped he would make it back in time to see her. So she was showing Kennedy the fish, I'm just standing there TRYING to think of something to say and the only thing I could think of was "I'm from Georgia too" ... DOH!! DUMMY!! It was funny ... we ended up staying for 30 min or so and she was just incredibly nice. Her ring is HUGE by the way .... HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love her...you got some great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I got trigger happy and hit enter cuz that was me....Rachel up above.

Kim said...

Hey, Chad Brock's wife - did he write that song for you, "yes"?? Just wondering if it was you that "moved into his old apartment?"

haha - just kidding!!

I vaguely remember the time you met ol' Tim & Faith . . . I would say you were extremely star struck then!!

Natalie said...

Nope, Tim and Faith didn't get me -- there were SEVERAL other people in the room when I met them and Chad was with me the whole time. I was in awe of Faith's beauty - cuz that chick is GORGEOUS - this is definitely one of the only times I've met some sort of celebrity (and girl you know I've met a bunch of them) that I was VERY QUIET ....soft spoken ... and that is not me at all!!

Anonymous said...

you totally look like me in that picture...are we going to get to do fun stuff like that when we're in town...meeting country superstars and all?